Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Tomato Girl by Jayne Pupek

Tomato Girl by Jayne Pupek

I just now closed this book, after spending as much time as possible today reading it! This is the first book by this author and I truly hope she has more coming (I'm off to look for that in just a bit!).

This is the story of Ellie, a young 11 year old girl struggling to deal with her father's desertion and her mother's insanity. She's one of the most engaging characters I've read in a long time - so real and believable. There are many heartbreaking episodes in the book, and the author writes them with such feeling that you can't help but be completely drawn in.

I loved this book so much - and it was oddly just a whim that made me pick it up off the library's new book shelf! Thank goodness I did :) I give this one all five stars :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read only great reviews for *Tomato Girl*; how lucky for you that it was available at your library.

It's nice when you don't want to a book to finish because it's so good!